Our Cincinnati, Ohio location is hiring a CNC Operator to work on 3rd shift. Summary: Create and execute programs on CNC machine to create sink cutouts and profile edges on stone countertops.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use over head crane to load stone countertops onto CNC machine worktable.
- Accurately read and understand shop drawings and job-specific paperwork.
- Ability to use a touch screen and pendant to locate physical countertops on CNC machine worktable.
- Use touch screen and pendant to locate digital cut files on countertops.
- Utilize CNC software to generate work processes and assign tools.
- Use micrometer and dial indicator to measure tools and adjust the machine.
- Operate an AutoCAD to create and modify DXF drawings.
- Uses a tape measure to accurately measure and mark work before machining.
- Use touchscreen interface and pendant to manipulate machinery movements.
- Manually remove excess material from CNC machine worktable and discard into the dumpster
- Use overhead crane as well as buddy lifts to remove cut stone from the table.
- Communicate job progress between operators on different shifts through verbal and written communication.
- At the end of the day and various times throughout the day will clean the work area to ensure cleanliness and safe work conditions are maintained.
- Will perform minor maintenance on tools and equipment to ensure safe and effective operation.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weight.
Visit us at www.sims-lohman.com. Read about our product, locations and what makes us a leader in cabinet distribution and countertop fabrication facilities here in the United States.