Even a small act of kindness can make a big difference in someone’s world.
~ Maya Angelou
Have you ever thought about how great an impact you could put into someone’s life if you were only willing to drop a little kindness? That’s just what a few of our team members in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania showroom did. They shared their heartwarming thank you note sent from the administrators of the Monongalia City Youth Services.
Sims-Lohman did a countertop installation for a Lowes home store at a local homeless shelter for teens in Morgantown, Pennsylvania. The Center has nine teenagers currently living at the shelter. Heather, Sue, and our installation team wanted to do something small to brighten up their day.
With the permission of MJ, the Center’s director, Heather and Sue purchased items to fill white Sims-Lohman gift bags for each teen. The ladies purchased Gatorade, chips, cookies, crackers, gum, a notebook, lotion, toothbrush, pens, pencils, and so much more. Although the goody bags were hand-delivered to the Center, the teens were attending school. MJ shared their reactions about being so appreciative, and they loved them!
A small act can make such a big difference!
Here are ten other Random Acts of Kindness you can do to brighten someone’s day:
- Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter
- Leave quarters at a local laundromat
- Leave a server a positive note and the largest tip you can afford
- Give a glowing recommendation to a connection on Linked In
- Pay it backward in the drive-through line
- Leave a business who went above and beyond a great Google review
- Send an email to a prior teacher how they made a positive difference
- Say hello to a stranger and smile
- Pick up street litter around you and put it in a trash can
- Clean the microwave at work, even if it isn’t your mess