Purchasing Manager, Cincinnati, Ohio
The Purchasing Manager provides overall leadership and management to the purchasing function that will allow the company to function efficiently and cost effectively while helping to ensure that all corporate objectives are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable team members with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Establish and implement purchasing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and time constraints.
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors.
- Manage vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity and reliability.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers and vendors.
- Establish and update an approved vendor/supplier database.
- Develop, negotiate and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers in support of organizational requirements.
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies.
- Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements.
- Measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Oversee supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations.
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns.
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases.
- Introduce performance improvement measures for suppliers and vendors.
- Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements.
- Facilitate timely placement of purchase orders.
- Review purchase orders for proper authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures.
- Develop and manage purchasing budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor and reduce purchase variances to meet profit objectives.
- Produce regular reports on purchase commitments, costs and delivery performance.
- Oversee the operations and daily activities of the purchasing department.
- Manager the performance of the purchasing staff while motivating & developing them.
- Direct continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the team member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has overall responsibility for Purchasing throughout the Company.
This position operates in an office, warehouse, fabricating and construction site environment. The team member is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level in the work area can be loud.
This position requires up to 35% travel, with potential for assignment to a location for a sustained period to resolve issues or start-up a new operation.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Purchasing.
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing roles.
- Knowledge of modern production scheduling, lean manufacturing and safe workplace requirements strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership and decision making skills
- Proven ability to drive and attain results
- Excellent project management, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent networking & business acumen skills
- Excellent performance management skills
- Excellent conflict management skills and ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills, including presentations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills